*Why does it matter that Climatize Heating & Cooling LLC is state licensed?
*I am out of warranty so why does HVAC Maintenance Matter to me?
Most of the time this is the case. However, do you know for certain that the HVAC unit is running efficiently or that the quality of air is optimal? Your system may be on and putting out heat or cold air, but is it working too hard? Think of your HVAC unit like a car. It has a motor and runs off a certain type of energy. In the same way that you change your car's oil, spark plugs, recharge the battery, etc, these HVAC motors also need regular attention to run efficiently and effectively. Also, without regular inspections of your system, bacteria and mold can hide and cause your indoor air quality to decrease.
Climatize Offers One-Time Tune-ups for Winter and Summer HVAC Maintenance and Annual Maintenance Agreements for Two Preventative Maintenances a year.
These annual Maintenance agreements give you a substantial discount on the normal cost of two HVAC tuneups along with some other benefits.
- Plan to schedule annual HVAC system maintenance once in the spring for your cooling equipment and again in the fall for your heating system.
- If you have a heat pump, the combined heating/cooling system should receive maintenance twice a year.
- Call Dispatch one month ahead to schedule this service 865-230-5079
- Plan to perform a few maintenance tasks of your own between these formal visits.
Some homeowners wonder why they can’t just complete an entire tune-up themselves. The fact is a thorough tune-up requires skills, tools and knowledge that only experienced HVAC technicians can deliver.
Here’s what to expect when you call in Climatize to perform an annual HVAC system maintenance:
- Inspection of all electrical Components: Components such as capacitor, high voltage relays, sequencers, defrost boards and functionality are checked during routine maintenance.
- Inspection and cleaning of most coils (cooling specific): Soiled coils slowly decrease efficiency and make the equipment run longer. Cleaning the coils annually is an important part of maintaining the A/C’s capacity, ensuring lower energy bills and prolonging equipment life.
- Check refrigerant charge (cooling specific): If the air conditioner was charged too high at installation, you could be paying much more than necessary to cool your home. An undercharged system also can develop if the system has a leak. A technician checks for these circumstances, repairs any leaks that are present, and recharges the system if necessary.
- Check fuel line connections (heating specific): Poor gas or oil connections are a fire hazard. They can also cause health problems if fumes are able to escape into your home. Tightening the connections ensures safe operation.